Bio Heat Pad Applications :
- Temporarily increases local blood circulation
- Temporarily increases body's metabolic rate
- Helps relieve joint pain + sprain
- Helps relieve muscle aches and stress
- Helps relieve shoulder & back pains
- Helps fight against infections
- Helps reduce imflammation
- Have benefits of beauty & massage
Bio Heat Pad Features:
- Microwave heating. No electrical heating
- Portable use at home; no need to stay close to power outlet
- Safe far-infrared irradiation that penetrate deep into the joint and surrounding tissue
- Capability to contain heat for a long time
Idea World Hwangto Bio Heating Pad
Back (rectangular) pad
Item number : HP-801
Sale price : $75.00
Shipping fees :
US/US Territories: $15.85
Canada/Mexico : $28.50
Other countries : $43.50
How heat treatment reduces pain
[Melzack, R. and Wall, P. “Pain mechanisms: a new theory”, Science, 150, 971-979 (1965)]
Pain is under the control of the brain as well as sensory parts of the body. When pain signals travel to the brain they have to pass through a gate within the spinal cord, which can be open or closed.
The gating mechanism adjusts the transmission of pain. The transmission of pain signals occurs at the synapses of nerve cells, the region between cells in the neural network.
Nerve cells interact through a bridge, the synapse, across which a chemical substance called neurotransmitter or chemical transmitter is released by one cell.
Small nerve fibers, transmit painful sensations at the synapses. These small neurons open the gate allowing pain signals to be carried through the spinal cord to the brain. Heat, cold, and physical pressure sensations are transmitted by larger nerve fibers. When the large neurons are stimulated, by applying heat for example, they inhibit the pain transmission and close the gate to further travel of pain impulses, leading to a reduction of pain. Therefore heat therapy can help to relieve pain by closing the gating system in the spinal cord.